Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday Musings

The sun flicks golden rays at the gray skies of December, dancing in and out of the trees, daring the grayness to capture it. The clouds do not smile, they just surround the little sparks of sunlight and fold over them. " I am still here" laughs the sun, as it darts to another opening in the gray.

The outer landscapes mirror my inner landscapes today. Gray, pudgy clouds of  thanksgiving weekend leftovers. Heavy piles of to dos on my desk, and a sense of sadness over so many things that probably would seem very dumb if I actually wrote them down!

But the little spark of joy darts around  , " Let's Go!  Start today! The sun is coming! So much to do and be!"

The little spark begins to permeate the grayness. I find an old journal from 2003 - one I would write my food and workouts down, and paste motivational quotes and pics in the pages. Wow, a little shot in the arm from my younger self. I haven't changed that much! Always staring anew, then " falling off', then starting again, telling myself to get motivated. Even telling myself to relax. Stay Calm. Enjoy.  I flip the pages to the back and find that there are many empty sheets, just waiting for me to " begin again" !!  So i start: december 2014, right next to a page titled " December 2006. Haha, how time passes and so much changes, and yet, not much changes!

Then I receive emails that lift me up and get me in gear, and I look outside to notice:
Aha! The skies are clearing and the sun, "by george!" , has spread beautiful rays all over the skies! The gray clouds have given up for now, and puffy whites, illuminated by sun's smile,  dance into blue sky spaces. The wind picks up and the trees sway, as if to say,
Lets Go! It is a new day!

Ok!  I am setting doldrums aside, and brushing off the clouds that linger around me, and step right into a brand new day. Perhaps a bit gingerly, but confident nevertheless.  Get on my yoga mat, put the music on . 10min is all I have, and its all  need.  Sit . Breathe. Welcome the day, whatever it brings. Visualize it bringing in wonder and abundance and amazing happenings! Feel the vibe change. Sun comes through the window.
Merry Magical Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment