Friday, November 22, 2013

Glimmers of Hope.


The following is a selection from an email sent out to those contributing to Project All Love In to help families in need. If you would like to get on that list, please visit my website www.physicalwizdom.com or send me your email. thank you!

We all hear the stories- the disturbing ones about how children are raised, how the world is so cruel, and how difficult it can be to protect our kids; instill values that seem to be fleeting. 
More than one or two people I talk to have shaken their heads in sadness about our present state of affairs. We can turn on our televisions , or listen to radios, or read about bullying and abuse and the lack of compassion. We live in  a society where children are alone, making their own meals, coming home to empty homes because the parent/ parents are at work. This is not our fault, really, I am doing this too, but there is just something about this...
Yet, in the tiny places, the magical moments, and probably happening more than we realize or are led to believe,
there are good old fashioned postcard picture worthy scenes of families caring and loving each other.
As I was driving home the other day, I became aware that I was about to be behind a school bus. Oh No, I thought, I am stuck behind this bus. 
And I was, but I also was about to witness a beautiful scene, and be blessed with a gift.
The bus stopped twice before making its way up a hill and coming to the next stop. I turned to notice at least 10 mothers, some with other children, waiting at the edge of the road. They were laughing and smiling and looking at the bus in happy anticipation.
Wow. Is this a cape cod thing? All these moms able to be here to greet their children off the bus! Perhaps this type of thing is happening in many many places!
The magical scene continued , as the kids got off the bus and ran to their moms. There were hugs and laughter. There were school papers being shown, and smiles of support and compassion between the moms. 
And then, everyone began to disperse, moving toward their cars, or walking down the street, all the while, hugging and waving.
I grabbed my phone for  a picture , being completely immersed in this moment, but the beep of the car behind me brought me back and I realized the bus had moved on, and I was holding up the cars behind me!!!
I took this pic, but it does not come close to capturing the moment.

Hats off to parents who are making the effort, juggling their lives and choosing to make children a priority. 
Even if we do not have children, let us just be grateful for this, as the world's future is riding on those buses.
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment